Saturday 6 July 2013

DIY Doily Heart Jar Lantern



































I've seen different little tea light jars all over Pinterest but this type really caught my eye so I had a go last weekend with a few old glass jars I had laying around. I know what you're thinking - I have too much time on my hands (yes, I probably do!), but to be honest they took about 10 minutes to make. All you need is:

- Old glass jars
- White doilies (I got mine on etsy here)
- Red paper or newspaper hearts (I cut mine from red wrapping paper)
- Twine
- Scissors
- Tea lights



























You don't really need instructions: simply place a paper heart on a doily, wrap some twine around the jar a few times and tie to hold in place. Put a tea light inside the jar and away you go.

They look really lovely in all different sizes along a fireplace or as a table centre piece.  Newspaper hearts and brown twine also work really well.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. This is so cute!! I pinned it to save for next year valentines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I thought Valentine's Day would be perfect but they're so sweet I couldn't wait xx

      Delete
  2. I love this, I've screen shot the page to remind me to make these!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Really nice for outdoor parties when it gets dusky!
    Loving your Instagram! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty.. but how will I re-light the candle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear,

    The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of great information which can be helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more contents.


    Jar lights - Get the best deal on colorful jars, solar jars, solar jar lights, gift jars, jar decorations, decorative jars, hanging solar lights outdoor, mason jar solar lights, solar lanterns & jar lights at amazon.com from great selection at Sogrand Industry Inc Store.

    Visit the product page: - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4KWBP4

    Sogrand Industry,Inc,15 Years Solar Light Manufacturer Directly Sells on Amazon.

    Best Solar Lights Collection Storefront: - https://www.amazon.com/shops/sogrand

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig