Saturday, 6 July 2013

DIY Doily Heart Jar Lantern



































I've seen different little tea light jars all over Pinterest but this type really caught my eye so I had a go last weekend with a few old glass jars I had laying around. I know what you're thinking - I have too much time on my hands (yes, I probably do!), but to be honest they took about 10 minutes to make. All you need is:

- Old glass jars
- White doilies (I got mine on etsy here)
- Red paper or newspaper hearts (I cut mine from red wrapping paper)
- Twine
- Scissors
- Tea lights



























You don't really need instructions: simply place a paper heart on a doily, wrap some twine around the jar a few times and tie to hold in place. Put a tea light inside the jar and away you go.

They look really lovely in all different sizes along a fireplace or as a table centre piece.  Newspaper hearts and brown twine also work really well.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. This is so cute!! I pinned it to save for next year valentines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I thought Valentine's Day would be perfect but they're so sweet I couldn't wait xx

      Delete
  2. I love this, I've screen shot the page to remind me to make these!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Really nice for outdoor parties when it gets dusky!
    Loving your Instagram! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty.. but how will I re-light the candle?

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig