Monday, 13 May 2013

DIY Printed Tote Bag






















On Saturday I made some printed canvas tote bags - one for me and a couple to be used as library bags for my friend's children. They were really easy to make and took no time at all. The trickiest part was deciding what to put on them. To make one yourself you'll need:

Canvas tote bag
Fabric paints
2 pieces of cardboard
Paint brush
Stencil design (I just printed shapes from the internet)
Stanley knife


STEP 1: Get all your materials ready on a board or work surface that you can use a stanley knife on. Alternatively put extra card down to protect your tabletop.
STEP 2: Draw or trace your stencil design onto a piece of cardboard and carefully cut it out with the stanley knife.
STEP 3: You'll be left with a stencil that will form your tote design
STEP 4: Put a piece of cardboard inside your tote to prevent the paint getting through
STEP 5: Position your stencil onto your tote and paint within your stencil. Make sure you get to the edges to ensure a clean line. Remove the stencil and leave to dry for 3 hours or overnight.

SHARE:

20 comments

  1. You did a Great Job, i like your Tote bag. I'm sure your Friends childrens a happy
    About them.

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing bag, just love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning summer bag! I love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very nice
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, love your blog!

    <3

    Do you want to follow each other?


    www.POLINEFASHION.pl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am now following you on GFC and Bloglovin, follow back x

      Delete
  6. He, this bag is so lovely!
    great work!
    sue, we can follow each other! I'm adding u from now
    Chiara
    ♡EFFENSHION

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice bag! A lemon on my bag! It's something so summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this bag and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    Kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. loveeee this, so effective and way more unique and probably cheaper than buying one!xxoxoxooxxxo

    http://fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an amazing blog)i like it))

    Take part in my giveaway))

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this post :)
    like your blog,would You like to follow each other ? just let me know dear :)
    XO MP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm following you on GFC, follow back x

      Delete
  12. Great tip! I must to try this at home :)

    I waiting for you on my blog!

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love this idea! I've been wanting to paint a canvas bag just for the heck of it glad to see its easy.

    XX-Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really a nice way to design the bags. Thanks for sharing such a great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really a nice way to design the bags. Thanks for sharing such a great techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  16. On Saturday I made some printed canvas tote bags - one for me and a couple to be used as library bags for my friend's children. They were really easy to make and took no time at all. The trickiest part was deciding what to put on them. To make one yourself you'll need:

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig