Saturday 12 January 2013

Twisted Ponytail


Sometimes I need to tie my hair up out of the way in a ponytail but want something a little more special so I go to this quick and easy twisted ponytail updo - all you need is 3 or 4 bobby pins!
STEP 1 Start with day old hair that has a bit of texture or curl (mine was curled the day prior but if you're starting with it straight, I'd run the curling iron or straightener through it for some added texture)
STEP 2 Divide the top section and clip away from the rest of your hair
STEP 3 Divide the back section into two parts
STEP 4 Backcomb the top section at the crown for height and spray with little hairspray
STEP 5 Divide the top section of your hair into two and pin them down one at a time, right over left, so they overlap (later you'll tuck a piece of hair through this section where they overlap - Step 7)
STEP 6 Grab the back sections in two parts, collecting the hair from the top section and twist the hair, overlapping the pieces so they're going in the opposite direction
STEP 7 Leave the right piece of hair and thread the left side through the top section that overlaps
STEP 8 Pin into place and spray with hairspray
STEP 9 The finished look
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. this is so cute! love how it looks finished but not overdone!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, have to try if I can do this with my hair. I only seem to find variations of the same hairstyles all over the internet but this is new to me, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how you go? Step 7 is the trickiest where you thread the hair through!

      Delete
  3. Love this hairstyle. I'm always looking for ways to jazz up a pony. Thanks for letting me feature you. You can find the post here: http://simplysweethair.com/twisted-pony-hairstyle/

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig