Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year Commitments



















I’m all for eating better, exercising more, drinking less etc, but I know I should be doing those things, so let’s assume I’ll try those ones anyway and make some new commitments for 2013. Here we go…

Spend more quality time with friends and family. It’s all too easy to neglect your nearest and dearest, putting other commitments like work before everything else. In 2013 I will make an effort to see my parents, catch up with my close girlfriends and re-connect with the old friends that I miss having in my life.

Save money to buy a house. I’ve realized that in order to get the house I want, I need to reign in the frivolous spending a little this year. This probably means spending less on clothes. Surprisingly I don’t actually spend that much (by who’s standards I hear you say?) as I love a bargain and telling people the new dress they're admiring was 40 bucks! However those $40 purchases all add up so I resolve to spend less…or if I must spend, sell some things on eBay first…surely that’s ok?

Take a photography course. Just something short that shows me what all the buttons and functions mean on my DSLR and how to use my tripod so that I can get a couple of outfit posts with my head in them! My partner currently takes me outfit post photos on my iPhone before he rushes off to work…usually before I’ve done my hair or make-up, hence why my head isn’t in any of the photos.

Have one technology free night a week. This one sounds easy but I’ve become a social media whore and since I’ve started my blog I can spend hours at night trying to perfect layouts in Photoshop. Pinterest and Twitter in bed can be banned once a week…I blame my iPad (oh how I love you!). I’m thinking this one will be the hardest!

Volunteer. Give back to the community and do something selfless and meaningful whenever I can.

Are you making any resolutions? I'm always curious to hear what everyone else is trying to commit to.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. good resolutions! i need to get a better camera and then learn to use it too! i also forgot to put on my resolutions something about volunteering oops. but that is a good one as well!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm such a sucker for resolutions, I have a ton of them! A whole night with no social media?! Not sure I could hang lol.

    ReplyDelete

© A Little Slice Of. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig